According to Victor Davidson in History of Wilkinson County, Ga. "the old Methodist Camp Meeting Ground was not far from this site so the chuch evidently sprang from it. Organized in 1828, Fulton Kemp deeded ten acres of land to Jesse Peacock, Wiley Miller, Peter VanLandingham and Jethro Dean as Trustees of the church. The present building was built in 1859 by E. J. Tarpley. When Sherman's army marched through this building was used by the soldiers and the old minutes have never been seen since. Some of the pastors were W. Payne, D. E. Starr, G. W. Prescott and W. F. Roberts."
Register of Deaths and Disposal 1879 - 1902
Register of Marriages 1890 - 1899
Poplar Springs Cemetery
Poplar Springs School 1918
Eileen Babb McAdams Copyright 2004-2006