Union Methodist Church
Organized before 1856. Dissolved
church was located in the eastern end of the county on Uchee Creek Road
just off Highway 57. Old Union School was located here.
According to Victor Davidson in History of Wilkinson County, Ga. "early members were Ann E. Freeman, Linny Freeman, Malhaly Freeman, Elizabeth Freeman, Martha Freeman ___McGowin, Mary McGowin, Sarah McGowin, Thomas Wadkins (Watkins) Mary Wadkins (Watkins), Sally Wadkins (Watkins), Willie Sanders, Jack Kingry, Martha Miller, Mary Miller, E.T. Miller, Frances Miller, Elizabeth Thigpen, Sarah McIntyre."
Eileen Babb McAdams Copyright 2004